This evening I just discovered this issue with the Facebook iPhone application. If you create a new album with the iPhone app, the privacy settings for this album will be set to everyone!
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Photos in the facebook iPhone application
- Press + to add a new album
- Enter an album name
- Click Create (note the lack of Privacy setting)
- Now open a web browser. Go to your profile and click on Photos.
- Click Album Privacy
- You will see this:
- However if you create a new album with the web browser interface the default security is correct:
I have reported this to facebook as a bug – they have not commented as yet.
My advice is to check your privacy settings if you have been creating photo albums on your iPhone!
Update 15/04/2010: Facebook have responded acknowledging this as a bug:
—– Original message —–
From: “Facebook Support” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:58:08 -0700
Subject: Re: My updated privacy settings are not functioning correctly: iphone facebook app default settings…
We are aware of the problem that you described and apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved but hope to fix it as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.
Thanks for contacting Facebook.